Friday, September 7, 2007

orthopedia

I had a little conversation with myself last night, after G. was (finally) in bed. It went like this:

Me: How’s it going?

Myself: My feet hurt. And they look ugly.

Me: We need some new shoes.

Myself: But Parisian shoes are so disappointing, and expensive. Unless you are willing to pay upwards of 400 euro, they still just look like Payless. Not that I mind Payless, but not for 100 euro. And did I mention my feet hurt?

Me: I think it’s time for Target online. How about these babies?













Myself: That is not going to solve our walking problem.

Me: I know, but I feel better about Myself already.

Myself: Me, too.

3 comments:

meg said...

Oh, darling, there's an easy solution for this: a vacation in Spain!

Spain is paradise in many ways, and one of those ways is shoe-y. The shops are so full of cool shoes at reasonable prices that your brain will have a seizure while you try to decide between them all. After it unfreezes, you'll come home with five adorable pairs that you spent 150 euros on *total*.

Isabel said...

So I was at the dog park in my neighborhood, petting "Diva," a spunky toy poodle wearing double pink bows, when I glanced up and realized that her owner was wearing these very shoes. Whether she cared or not, I subjected her to a very poor description of your blog entry and then told her how you had concluded that the heels might not solve your problem. Not at all, she assured me! She swore that the shoes are VERY comfortable! Why, she didn't even have to break them in! Now, I don't know this lady, but it may be relevant to mention that nothing on her person looked to have been chosen for its practical purposes. So, caveat emptor.

mère de famille said...

it would only have been better if "Diva" had also been wearing tiny versions of the same shoes. We can only dream...